Useful digital marketing info.

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Brazilian royalty

As a confirmed anti-monarchist, I'm not sure I should have attended this evening's event in honour of Princess Michael of Kent. But as a former journalist I'll go anywhere for a free canapé (wonna pay) and a bottomless glass of decent Champers. So thanks again to the well connected Luiz for my second opportunity to get pleasurably merry in Sao Paulo.

The minor royal with dodgy German ancestry spoke briefly about her book on her Brazilian ancestor Leopoldina. It had been published a mere 25 years ago in English and was finally appearing in Portuguese. The photographers clicked away. I looked for Mark, the ubiquitous British IT journalist but couldn't see him. Amazingly, or perhaps not in Brazil, there was no security on the door, I could have been anyone (and indeed I was).

The event was at the Museum of the Brazilian Home on Faria Lima. A choir from Cultura Ingles sang a few ditties. Travelled there by tube and bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment