Useful digital marketing info.

Thursday 26 May 2011

Readers' comments

I never used to read letters to the Editor in newspapers or magazines. The section seemed like a dead zone. But I'm now addicted to reading the readers' comments on online publications. The main reason is the ability to vote on whose comment is best or worst, meaning I can go immediately to the "best rated" comments and see how most readers felt about the article. Of late I have been reading the Daily Mail's iPhone and iPad app, which are superb, and the readers' comments have become as important as the story itself. I am amazed that some publications, such as the Guardian online, still don't offer a way to read the best rated comments, forcing you to wade through all sorts of tedious cr*p - which I just won't do anymore. Life is too short for all that unfiltered noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment