Useful digital marketing info.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Mutant mosquito

I can't believe what has just happened. It's after midnight, baby asleep, me reading, P trying to sleep, the orange light of our electric heater shining brightly from across the room. In the insane microclimate of our flat we are concerned that Sam may have caught a cold. You get the picture, it's unpleasant and wintry, even though outside during the day it still feels at least springlike. Just another weird fact of life here. Anyway, P suddenly says: did you hear that ? She's convinced there is a mosquito. I say, that's impossible, the change of season has ensured an end to that nocturnal nightmare. But I look anyway and see nothing. Assume it can't have been. Sure enough, five minutes later she hears the evil noise once more. This time it's all lights on and a more thorough check. As I'm doing so I realize I've received a nasty bite on my index finger. Can see no mosquito until ... WTF ?! Hiding on the wall next to her pillow is some kind of giant mosquito. Thank heavens its post-prandial agility is not so great, and thank heavens too that my electric tennis racquet thing is still charged up, so that I am able to electrocute the b*stard and ensure he fries. I can't risk him not being dead. I am at my wit's end with this country: HOW do we get a giant mosquito when we have to have a heater burning all night to stay warm ?!

1 comment:

  1. Update: sadly it wasn't a freak event. The mozzies are back ! And this time they're bigger, uglier and hungrier than ever ... (coming to a cinema near you).

    ReplyDelete